On Saturday 06 April 2002 08:17 pm, Tom opened a hailing frequency and
transmitted:

> On Saturday 06 April 2002 12:46 am, Seedkum Aladeem wrote:
> > Somehow, it looks like that there may have been more issues than
> > there was with LM 8.0 or 8.1.
>
>     Very true, but keep in mind most problems are user, then hardware.
> 'Least ways I've found that the interface between the keyboard, mouse
> and chair accounts for ~85% of my difficulties, 'bout 10% hardware.
> When I keep this in mind, problems seem easier to resolve.  Approaching
> from the opposite direction and assuming the OS or software involved is
> the culprit, makes problems damn near, if not impossible to fix.

too true!

i must be special, i have had less trouble with every install.  8.1 was
nearly perfect, and 8.2 has _one_single_problem_ so far as i can tell.

well 2 if i count that scanner i have that has no linux driver yet, but
since it is plugged into my daughters toy machine i don't mind it much....

--
"'Tis some script kidd3z," I muttered, "tapping at my server port-  Only
this, and nothing more."  - Edgar "root" Poe.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/