Seedkum Aladeem wrote:
> A- Make the install utility do the md5sum tests automatically before the
> install is done.
> B- Make the installer utility do the memory test (and any other inportant
> test that may be neseccary) before the install is done. Heck do them also
> after the install is complete too.

I like the idea of including these on the install, but making them
optional.

Point A raises a point -- AFAICT, the md5sum on a burned CDROM is
different than the md5sum of the downloaded ISO (I've pretty well
convinced myself of this).  Even worse, the md5sum *may*  differ
depending on which software you use to burn it, and which options you
choose.

I have a page on WikiLearn dedicated to learning more about these
points:

http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/Md5sumsAfterBurning

Look it over, and if you can contribute any data points or
understanding, please feel free to do it yourself as it is a wiki, or
write to the list or me and I will edit the page.

Randy Kramer