On Monday 08 April 2002 11:45 pm, Li Tan wrote:
> Hi, thanks for your reply, however I cannot figure out what the problem is.
> I have another eepro100 network in the computer. I can setup wqvelan in
> control center, also I followed your instruction to modify wireless.opts,
> but the problem is still there. Any idea?
>
> Thanks
>
> Li

Try configuring the interface by hand using iwconfig in a root terminal. Use
man iwconfig to find the parameters. As a minimum you should need to set the
wireless mode, and the encryption key. You will know if it works when you
will see signal strength displayed by iwconfig. You can then put that command
at the end of your /etc/rc.local file to be executed on boot.

So for example my wireless card is configured by the command

iwconfig eth0  essid any  mode Managed  key s:my_key

Naturally the parameters you choose (especially the encryption key) need to
be compatible with the rest of your wireless network.

derek