On 9 Apr 2002, Damian wrote:

I don't know this package...what does it do anyway?

About the packages .src and tarball:

I rather prefer to install from rpm but, if you find a tarball with the
file 'specs' inside, just get "alien" and it will transform the original
tarball into .rpm.

But when it has to be compiled, for any reason, I really prefer the
tarball, because the first one will be a 'generic' install and the
compiled one would be the best fit for each and every machine.

Ricardo Castanho

Linux user # 102240 => Machine # 96125 => Seti@home user