Hey Femme.

I think what you're looking for is ROX.

Somebody asked me on #mandrake what file manager I use.  You know I'm a
console man, so my answer was xterm.  However, somebody else came up
with the option of ROX.

It's pretty simple, but you can set up defaults to open up certain file
types, and it is GUI of course.

I've installed it, but have only played with it breifly.  It looks nice,
and appears to be pretty functional though.

Check it out, it may be what you're looking for in E.  But keep in mind
you can still use your other file managers in E.  You can run Konqueror
in if you'd like.

http://rox.sourceforge.net/rox_filer.php3

Hope that helps!
tdh

 T. Holmes  |  UNIXTECHS.org  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  UIN:  17021091