On Wednesday 10 April 2002 08:39 am, you wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to install Kde 3.0 but I can't.
> I downloaded all MDK files from:
> ftp.unina.it/pub/Unix/KDE/stable/3.0/Mandrake/8.2/RPMS/i586
>
> Now what can I do to install this??
> Please help me.
>

> =====
> Um abraço,
> Lúcio Costa
>
> " Mais importante que saber Tudo,
> é descobrir que podemos estar sempre Aprendendo"
> LC Almeida (1998)

>____________________ Yahoo! Empregos
> O trabalho dos seus sonhos pode estar aqui. Cadastre-se hoje mesmo no
> Yahoo! Empregos e tenha acesso a milhares de vagas abertas!
> http://br.empregos.yahoo.com/
Hola, best way that I know of is to put all of the downloaded files in a
separate folder in /home  and then go into console and su  to root.  Then  cd
to the directory you have the files in such as    cd /home/kde3    then at
the prompt type "urpmi ./*  "  without the quotes and then hit enter. There
may be some dependencies and it may ask for your cd 1 or 2 but that's the way
to get things going. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842