I have MD 8.1 installed on my first drive and wanted to do a separate install
for MD8.2.  I put in a second drive and installed MD 8.2 which installed its
version of LILO in MBR.  After reading the LILO info on MUO, I learned that I
needed to go back and reinstall the original LILO and then edit lilo.conf to
add the MD 8.2 boot.

Here is my problem.  I booted up CD1 and ran 'rescue'.  But I can't figure
out how to get access to /dev/hda5 so I can run /sbin/lilo.  Trying to mount
the /dev gives me 'Permission Denied' and 'Device already mounted'.    One
time I got a message indicated that mtab shows the device already mounted.  I
checked mtab, and all the correct partitions were showing up.

If I were in DOS, I would simply type the drive letter (c:) and go for it.
Can someone clue me in on how to move from /mnt/cdrom to /dev/hda5?  I've
looked through three of my linux books (have a couple more to go) and there
is no reference as to how to do it.

Barry