On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:07:22 +0200, Raffaele Belardi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:> How do you encode WAV into mp3 on MDK8.2? I know grip supports ripping
> and encoding, but I didn't find a stand-alone tool like bladeenc in the
> distribution. Any hints?

Mandrake doesn't include an MP3 encoder due to legal and licensing restrictions.
You have two main choices here:

1. Mandrake includes full support for encoding and decoding the Ogg Vorbis audio
format. Ogg Vorbis is 100% open source and is better in both quality and
compression than MP3. If you don't specifically need MP3, I recommend that you
use it.

2. You can download a MP3 encoder from the Internet. A good source is the
Penguin Liberation Front (http://plf.zarb.org/), which makes Mandrake RPMs. Look
for the pacakge 'notlame'.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates.
                                Apache inside.