rtf?

My family used office 97, but now i want them to use Koffice

BAT

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Roman Korcek
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 12:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] What would be the standard document format?

Hi guys,
I see everyone recommend not to save/share documents as .DOC since
it's a closed format.
So my question is, what format should I use?
Requirements:
1. Must be able to at least contain tables and pictures (preferably
embedded) apart from the usual formating.
2. All the major apps (OpenOffice, StarOffice, KOffice, maybe also
AbiWord) must be able to open and save them.

TIA
Roman

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.