ai4a wrote:

> > Hi Barry,
> > I do almost the same thing except my second linux is on hda8 (the /
> > partition which also has all other partitions except /var & /home). My
> > lilo entry for my second linux looks like this:
> >
> > other=/dev/hda8
> >       label=Debian
> >
> > Both linuxs boot fine.
> > HTH
> > Charles

> > Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
> PS: I should have added that my first linux lilo.conf is installed in
> mbr (/dev/hda) and the second linux lilo.conf is installed in /dev/hda8
> Charles

I think it might have had a chance of working
if I had been on a single large hard drive.
With the additional problem of navigating to
a second drive on boot, it was just too
much.  It simply didn't have enough
kernel/initrd info to handle it.

Adding the mount points for the second drive
to 8.1's fstab gave me an easy way to copy
the kernel/initrd files to the first drive.
Adding the correct kernel and initrd to
lilo.conf took care of the rest.

Barry