I'm having no trouble printing in either direction from 8.1 to 8.2 and
vice versa.

Both machines are also connected to Winblows printers under XP.

I'm also using the 8.1 machine as a PDC for Winblows.

You might want to check the permissions on the 8.2 files. 8.2 tightened
up quite a few things, and the defaults tend to disable things like
Samba printing and Kups.

I remember initially having a similar problem until I did this.

Sorry I can't go into specifics as I don't really remember what I did.

-JMS