OK, my powerpack arrived!  A fresh install does all the things I would
hope and expect it to do, but for a glitch with my graphics card.  I
have an nVidia GEforce 2 MX400.  Chose the lastest Xfree with
acceleration during the install.  Login and type startx

Screen goes blank for about 30 seconds, then I get an nVidia splash
screen, then finally KDE comes up.  Acceleration is obviously working as
Tux zooms very nicely after those herring, but the entire system will
hang to the point where Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing and I can't even
ping the machine.  Reset button time!

OK, so I get rid of xfree 4.2.whatever, go back to the previous
4.something-else without acceleration and everything is stable.  But Tux
of course is a major casualty. :-(

Can anyone offer a way to make it stable AND accelerated?

TIA

Brian