On Monday 29 April 2002 2:58 am, Brian Parish wrote:
> It was there a minute ago!  Right before I did that clean install of
> 8.2  Is there some new all singing all dancing app to replace it?  Can't
> find it in software manager.  ????
>
> TIA
> Brian

Well, there is drakopt  It is not installed by default so just install the
rpm. Exit from X and in a root console type drakopt. It will try out by
experimentation every viable combination if HD parameters and select the
optimum.
It takes a long time to run, and there should be no other apps running.

BTW: hdparm is in 8.2. You probably need to install the rpm.

derek