On Tuesday 30 April 2002 3:43 pm, Tomek Nowinski wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I just wanted to ask what do I need to do to share my internet conection.
>
> I have PC with MDK 8.1 (instalation with firewall and router) and 2 NIC's.
> I want to share my internet conection from this machine to my laptop (runs
> WinXP).
>
> I have already configured on PC "Internet sharing", I have "cross-over"
> cable, etc., etc., everything looks OK. WinXP gets correct IP and
> configuration (with automatic detection), etc.... but there is no internet
> navigation... there is no ping to my PC.. etc.
>
> What should I do??? Thanks for help.
>
> See you,
>
> Tomek

Have you declared your Linux machine to be a gateway to the Windows PC?

Also have you declared the Ethernet between the two computers to be a
'trusted interface' to the firewall?  If your firewall is running on that
interface ping is not going to work. In 8.1 it can be kind of hard to tell if
the firewall is working or not. Check out
http://www.mandrakeforum.org/article.php?sid=1467&lang=en

derek

derek