hmm, #urpmi.addmedia --help confirms the syntax of my example, does
/home/gavin/updates exist? perhaps try a '/' at the end? also try a name for
the source that doesn't have a period in it, otherwise you got me there, you
could try it without the --update option but i don't know how MU wouold treat
it, whether it would show up in 'updates only' listing

bascule

--
'On whose authority?' demanded Wert. Trymon turned his grey eyes on him.
'Mine. I need no other.'