On 02 May 2002 12:55:50 -0400
Nelson Bartley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Heyo,
>
> I'm wondering if someone could post an excerpt from the XF86Config-4
> File which shows the code for a regular PS/2 mouse (IE: The
> InputDevice Section)
>
> Aswell, if anyone has any experience getting both a USB and PS/2 Mouse
> working under XFree86 I'd love any tips/hints.
>
> NB

#Mouse section & I have a USB One hooked through the KB.#

Section "InputDevice"

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    Option "ChordMiddle"

My best advice is to load LM8.2 as a ps/2 mouse.  Then with mouseconf in
a term or drakconf, change to USB.  I had problems otherwise.  Also I
found the USB mouse far more responsive.

HTH
Femme