Correct. The easiest way is to use the configuration tool icepref, which ought to be
on your menu or can be launched from the command line. Select your favorite theme in
icepref, press "save" and then press "restart".

If you like trying out different themes for IceWM, you might want to check out the
collection that Freshmeat has -- over a hundred.
--
Warren Post
Santa Rosa de Copan, Honduras