ok i got gcc installed, now it wants setupterm or
tgetnet, and it says it can't find it, i did some
searching on google for setupterm and it said it was
in libtermcap, and its already installed, but cant
find it, where can i find it?

>Im trying to install BitchX,
>i've downloaded it and un-tar'd it, and then the
>instructions say to run ./configure --with-plugins
>it says
>checking for gcc..... no
>checking for cc..... no
>checking for cl.... no
>configure: error: no acceptible C compiler found in
>$PATH
>
>so i guess my question is where do i get gcc, cc, or
>cl?
>
>TIA
>David

>Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness
>http://health.yahoo.com

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Well if you have any download distro since 7.1, you
should have BitchX
right on the CDs.  But to answer your question, you
need to install the
development package, and that isn't just the compiler.
 It includes the
files that say -devel in them if you are interested in
compiling apps
in
their categories.  Headers are very important, and the
newer gcc
compilers do not add standard headers to source code
by default, so you
may run into a problem with some older source which
assumes that.

urpmi gcc

is a good start.

Civileme