The easiest mail server to set up (from my experience) is
smtp(postfix)/imap using some type of webmail (squirrelmail.org) is nice
and easy to install. Install ntsysv package from the 3rd mandrake cd or
rpmfind.net and xinted. From the command line type ntsysv and from the
menu select imap and postfix. I only had to make 2 changes to the postfix
configuration and everything was up and running... of course you will need
apache or some webserver installed to access webmail.
-Jay

--
Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it. -
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)