Derek Jennings wrote:
> ReiserFS always used to have an issue that your '/'
> partition could not be ReiserFS, not sure if that is fixed now.  There is no
> issue with '/' with XFS, but the installer warns you it is not possible to
> make a boot flopy with XFS because it will not fit onto the floppy.

I'm curious about why ReiserFS could not be used for / -- I (assumed |
thought I understood) that the reason was that Reiser was not built into
the standard kernel or startup tools or something like that, so that the
boot image could not be read.  Thus, the suggestion to make /boot and
ext2 partition.

I further assumed that other filesystems (XFS, ..., all other than ext2
and maybe ext3 would have the same problem).

Can anybody confirm / comment?

Randy Kramer