On Sunday 12 May 2002 03:02 am, DAVEinDSM wrote:

> Reiser FS also should have somewhat faster file access for my large
> directories of jpegs and html files if I'm not mistaken........I
> went to www.reiserfs.org  ...read alot there too, but wanted real
> life experiences..... I trust those more :)

     I have over 1 1/2 years experience with ReiserFS, never any
problem.  I have several weeks now with XFS on my main linux
partition (everything in one big 'ol / ).  This is the second time
I've tried it as many seem to think it's the best. I haven't done any
testing, but it does 'feel' slightly faster than RFS during large
file(s) moves.  Access to a dir where I have 10's of thousands of
.jpg's is the same as with RFS. You could probly use either RFS or
XFS with confidence. Surely either is a vast improvement over ext2.
I'd suggest RFS only because it's been in use longer by more people.
If you're lookin for faster file access, get a faster harddrive ;)
--
    Tom Brinkman                    Corpus Christi, Texas