On Sun, 12 May 2002 11:26:19 +0100, Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have zero problems with XFS. My understanding is that XFS and ReiserFS are
> both faster than Ext3. ReiserFS always used to have an issue that your '/'
> partition could not be ReiserFS, not sure if that is fixed now.

I've been using a single ReiserFS 3.5 partition (the current version is 3.6, but
I see no reason to upgrade) for everything, which includes / and /boot (I'd
prefer a multiple-partition setup, but my small drive makes this impractical),
since Mandrake 8.0. I've had no problems whatsoever. All crashes are recovered
from without any problem, and I've never needed to fsck.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

        "Are you all on drugs? Get your acts together, guys.
           Stop blathering and frothing at the mouth...."
                        -- Linus Torvalds