Well finally have my Mandrake 8.1 back up and running with the Reiser FS
file system installed. Seems to run fast enough for me.....(no noticable
difference from ext2). Thanks for all the input......I feel better
knowing that this is a more stable fs to use.

Learned a little doing the expert install for mandrake...... when you
select the file type you have to choose "type---i think" and scroll down
to reiser fs.... seems to work fine....... I was also able to make my
windows partition MUCH smaller than before ===== when using the
recommended option. ...... Making the windows partition just under 2 gig
leaving me about 8 gig to play with linux on :) whee!!!

Thanks again,

Dave