Hi
I had a similar problem with (OPTi Audio 16) card
but that one was isa-pnp
did not work after boot and so on. same story every boot.

I got it work by changing BIOS to NO PNP OS
after that I had sound always.

Maybe that could also help you.

good luck
Kristjan

> i remember having something like this with my sblive in 8.1, istr that part
> of what i did was to delete the sound entries that were in my
> /etc/modules.conf and then run  harddrake, if you are not sure what entires
> those are you can post your file here and we will tell you - backup the file
> first! -
>
> bascule
>
> On Monday 13 May 2002 1:36 pm, you wrote:
> > I am using a Creative PCI 128 sound card with Mandrake 8.1. When the
> > system boots, sound does not work. The example error message below is
> > from xmms, but the problem is not limited to xmms.
> >
> > Couldn't open audio.
> > Please check that:
> > 1. You have the correct output plugin selected
> > 2. No other program is blocking the sound card
> > 3. Your sound card is configured properly.
> >
> > If I then go into HardDrake and configure the sound, it works. However,
> > next time I boot, it once again does not work, and once again I can
> > restore it with Hard Drake, but it does not stick between boots.
> >
> > Thanks for any advice.

> > Powered by Mandrake Linux 8.1
> > KDE 2.2.1    KMail 1.3.1
> >
> > Bryan S. Tyson
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --
> The truth isn't easily pinned to a page. In the bathtub of history the truth
> is harder to hold than soap, and much more difficult to find...
> (Sourcery)

Teatri- , kino- ja kontserdipiletid nüüd hiirekliki kaugusel!
http://www.hot.ee