You can just 'modprobe <module_name>' I think and if all works adding the
line 'alias sound-slot-0 <module_name>' to /etc/modules.conf should make
sure the driver gets loaded automatically after a reboot. I think you mean the
via82cxxx_audio module. There is also the i810_audio module for the AC'97
codec on the Intel i810 etc. chipsets. Good luck!

--

    -Frans