On Tue, 14 May 2002 14:39:37 -0400
David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have my default run-level set to 5.  I want to add an option to my lilo config
>that will allow me to boot to run level 3.  Is this possible?  How would I do so?

Use the editor of your choice.
Open /etc/lilo.conf create a duplicate entry for you default kernel.
Change 'label=' to something different, I set mine as current-init3.
To the append line add "init 3", without the quotes but with the space.
Here is an entry I made, yours should be similar.

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-16mdk
        label=current-init3
        root=/dev/hda5
        read-only
        optional
        vga=788
        append=" init 3 devfs=mount hde=ide-scsi hdg=ide-scsi hdh=ide-scsi"
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.18-16mdk.img

Save the changes and exit the editor.
Rerun lilo.

At subsequent reboots from the lilo boot menu simply select current-init3 and you will
boot to run level 3.

    Charles

    Charles