On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 22:31, Thomas Beno wrote:
> OK. I got in my manual and set up XMMS, went to Shoutcast.com and
> downloaded one of their site addresses and got it to play stereo on my
> computer.  Now, three things.  Does M$ own all the radio stations
> accessible with Windows Media Player?  If Icecast and Cool FM are
> supporting open source, why are they charging for access?  And third and
> last, how can I download different site addresses from Shoutcast.com so
> I can listen to more than one type of music.  When I picked on a
> different type of music and downloaded the file, it came up as the same
> identical file as the first one I had downloaded.
>
> Tom Beno

Xmms will NOT run Windows Media Streams by default; you must add plugins
to enable this capability.  The one I've been experimenting with is
Avi4Xmms, and it's on Sourceforge.

It would also be beneficial to check out the plugin options on the Xmms
homesite.  Avi4Xmms requires quite a bit of recompilation in tandem with
Xmms; and there are two other packages you have to download off of
Sourceforge also.

I replied to this message in the other thread that you posted.  Please
check that out as well.

HTH, LX

--
Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.1