hey if you want to send me that "bad HD" I would be more than pleased to have
it. my guess is that you did not install some network service that was not
only installed previously but was mis-configured, and since you did not
install it this time, you are not waitting for it to time out everytime
before your computer finds each file it needs to read into memory.