Hi Graham,
Winds##t have to be installed first (if we're talking
about the 9X series 95,98,ME) because they need to
write the boot sector during installation, otherwise
setup won't continue.Something that won't happen when
you install XP or 2000 or NT4 even, I think. Now, in
the case that someone has already installed Linux and
needs to install Win98,or 95 or ME he will face the
following situation. When his computer boots it will
boot only in Winblows. To overcome this he should
,before installing Winblows,create a floppy-boot disk
from Mandrake Control Center and keep it. After the
installation of Windblows is finished he should boot
from the floppy and then the Linux will boot
normally.Then as root in a terminal should be typed
/sbin/lilo. That's it. Everytime the computer boots
the Lilo welcoming screen will appear asking the user
whether he wishes to boot in Linux or in Winblows.

Cheers

Dimitris

 --- Graham Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
&eacgr;&ggr;&rgr;&agr;&psgr;&egr;: > Nashib .J. wrote:

> > Hi everybody,
> >
> >                 Can someone help me, I have
> partitioned my harddisk with
> > two primary fat32 for windows98 installation and
> used the free space for
> > M.Linux installation. I installed M.Linux first on
> the hard disk. My
> > question is, will the Lilo boot loader recognise
> windows98 when I will
> > install it in the futur.
> >

> Somebody more knowledgeable is welcome to correct me
> on this but I have
> always understood that it is only possible to run
> Windows if it is
> installed on the first sector of the primary hard
> disk. Hence you will
> need to install windows first and then install
> Linux.
>
> --
> Graham Watkins
>
> For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft
> warm body curled up
> next to me is a cat. (Kinky Friedman - Frequent
> Flyer)
>
> Registered Linux user number 265254
> http://counter.li.org
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from