On Wednesday 22 May 2002 12:18 am, you wrote:

> Now in this article he's warning us about non-free software in other
> areas.  My personal opinion is that although he seems rather extreme at
> times, it's merely because he's ahead of his time.  These are problems
> that will come to pass either sooner or later if allowed to continue;
> it's just a matter of time.

I was fortunate enough to hear RMS speak during the last Linux Lunacy cruise,
and he is a very solid speaker, very convincing...

I for one never knew until then that Linux was built using the GNU tools...

I don't understand why Linus can't just say, (and thus credit) "I used GNU to
make the kernel, wouldn't have been able to do it without these tools"

AND I don't know why RMS can't say "and Linus (successfully!) took it places
that I never imagined"

Seems this would help bury the hatchet/feud whatever. Of course, I realise
that this is probably over-simplification but...it would surely be a start.
We do need unity, thats for sure...

Just my 2 cents worth, as always. ;-)

--
                                                                          /\