On Thursday 23 May 2002 08:51 am, Michael Kovary wrote:
> Would I have to pay to join mandrake club?  If so, is there
> anywhere else I can get it?  Or maybe you can upload it to server
> for downloading if that's possible.

    Well, it's not real possible.  First there's good reason that
Mandrake made it available to Club members, and I wouldn't want to
infringe on them.  Second it's proprietary, so Sun wouldn't likely
appreciate it either.  Third, I've only got a 33,6 connection and the
rpm is 20 MB.  Sorry, I just thought I'd make y'all aware that j2re's
installation can be quick and simple.  In any event I believe my
Konqueror advice will work no matter where you get j2re.

   I'd encourage you to join the Club. ;)  You can almost recoup the
membership cost the first time you d/l Mandrake, or get it from
Cheapbytes, and Mandrake benefits much more than when you buy the
Power Pack.   Plus you get the other benefits the Club offers.
--
    Tom Brinkman                    Corpus Christi, Texas