On Friday 24 May 2002 10:44 am, Schwenk, Jeanie opened a general hailing
frequency and transmitted to all open stations:

> the url to cryptonym "intentionally left blank".  Security is an pet area
> of interest to me, where have you gotten the info on what Ashcroft is
> doing?

there was a bit on the aclu website, under cyber-liberties.  right now i
mostly see censorship stuff there though.  if i recall he hadn't actually
introd a bill or anything, just speaches to congress.  again if i recall it
was along with a senetor judd greg, and was early october.  what i do not
know is if the "we can force your isp to give us everything they know" bill
went through.  amazing how they skip stuff that matters in the news....

the patriot act and usa act were they?  i imagine the backdoor (they called
it key escrow i think) would be step 2.  sorry i didn't save more of it.

--
Computers are like air conditioners they stop working properly if you open
windows.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98