On Friday 24 May 2002 11:30 am, you wrote:
> Thanks for the replys, jerry & Dennis
> I have now found the docs @
> http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/doc/72/SNF/en/user.html/index.html
> I think the part that you are looking for Dennis is @
> http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/doc/72/SNF/en/user.html/naat-config.html
> then "connecting"
> thanks again I post again when I have got my hands dirty hopefully over the
> weekend I'll get a chance to do the install.
> cheers people
> jason
>
> On Saturday 25 May 2002 02:04, you wrote:

OK, I have a firewall.  I did not give it a  gateway address during install,
save that for later when you telnet to it.  I then took one of the computers
on the LAN off of a dial up account and gave it no info on the gateway.
Voila! I can continue to configure and set up the firewall via my other
computer. Is that telnet on a LAN or just what do you call it?  Now if they
would just deliver the cable modem and give me the IP addresses I can convert
to broadband.  Life is good, just don't weaken.  And never give up.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842