-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Roger Sherman
Sent: Sunday, 26 May 2002 1:50 AM
To: newbie
Subject: Port 80 was Re: [newbie] Dynamic DNS

I use dyndns.org to redirect people to my PC when they type in my domain
name, so thats not a problem. What is the problem is, due to the nimda
type stuff, my ISP (Optimum Online) has blocked port 80. Now, I know I can
change the port that Apache runs on, but since browsers by default go to
port 80, it seems I can't use my PC as a server for my website
anymore...which sucks, since I definilty don't want to pay for virtual
hosting, even as cheap as it's gotten. Hell, even if it was free, I'd
still want to host it myself...

Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there any way around the port 80
blockade, where someone could type http://www.rogersherman.com instead of
having to type http://www.rogersherman.com:newport#?

-

peace,