Tim Ford wrote:

> Me, being the clueless newbie I am, forced a Mozilla 1.0rc3 install on
> LM 8.2. This stuffed many of my other programs, such as galeon, mozilla
> mail et.al. Is there revert my system back to 0.98 so the dependencies
> work fine, or uninstall mozilla without the entire GNOME system being
> uninstalled as well? If so, how do i go about it. Thanks
>
> To Brain Parish: I got the internet connection working properly. I
> uninstalled BPAlogin completely, unistalled my firestarter, rebooted as
> root, installed it, editied the config file too my specifications, then
> resinstalled firestarter with my correct specifications. Doing a log
> check revealed BPAlogin connecting properly every time, and the
> heartbeat was now being facilitated. So if theres any problems like
> mine, just completely uninstall and reinstall.

Don't do this until you get confirmation, however you may investigate
doing an "rpm -e mozzila*" at the cmd prompt.

Then reinstall your packages for .98 mozzilla.

Worth a look to see if that is possible?  Thats what I'd do. Course I
break my system regularly which makes me think I shouldn't offer this
advice, and should just scrap this email.

Too late! I sent it!

--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert