Steve Weltman wrote:

> Is there anyone that knows how to use a Microsoft Optical Trackball (USB)
> for Mandrake 8.2?
>
> What driver would work?  Nothing listed in the hardware compatibility for
> this particular model, however there are other USB mice listed.
>
> Thanks!  (By the way, I can use the PS/2 plug converter instead, but
> preferred the USB on the keyboard if possible).
>
> Steve Weltman

Steve,

I hav the M$ Trackball ;p  Same thing cept a trackball.  I had to to
this in this order to get it to work:

Install MDK, using the ps/2 adapter.

Get to gui login, ignore it.  Flip to CTRL-ALT-F1

Login.

Run drakconf or Mouseconf.

Select teh USB mouse.

Logout or stay there & Flip back to the GUI login screen

You may need to restart X or reboot, i didn't ahve to do much cept
restart X *CTRL-END iirc*.

Login through gui, all should be fine.

--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert