On Monday 27 May 2002 07:40 am, darklord opened a general hailing frequency
and transmitted to all open stations:

> I'm using v8.2 of Mandrake with the version of KDE that comes with it,
> and just lately (a week or so), its doing something a little different.
> Now, whenever I boot up, I actually get to the desktop, with all icons in
> place, and a picture for a backdrop, before the KDE startup panel
> disappears. This never used to do this. The panel used to be long gone
> before the desktop itself actually appeared.

if you mean that funky kde splash with the "starting window manager" etc.,
in my experience it closes at different times depending on #fonts
installed/applets running/document history/phase of moon, but it never
seems to effect the actual performance.  in kde3 it isn't so much the
disappear as the appear!  sometimes when i log in it doesn't even show up
till most of the messages it gives are already done....

as usual, i may be wrong.  :)

--
Microsoft: The company that made web browsing dangerous.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/