On Mon, 27 May 2002 15:52:18 -0600 (MDT)
Jim Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> With Nero (at least the version I have, which I don't know offhand and I'm
> not booting into windows to find out), you first have to rename the file
> image.iso to image.nrg.  I have no idea why.  But, once you've done that,
> click File->Burn Image (this might be Create Image, or even just Image,
> but it's something like that).  Then it opens a find file dialog and you
> just select your image.nrg.  It then gives you some options that don't
> mean anything to me, and I've always found that if I just leave them set
> as they are, it works fine.
>
> --jim

..wow, i didn't know that nrg files were exactly like ISOs..
theoretically that nrg stuff is because NERO uses it's own
proprietary format for raw copies of a CD. kind of
"you got a NRG file, you must use NERO to burn it because no
other program will"
but this 'rename to iso and go' beats the whole purpose....

Damian