On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 09:21, shane wrote:

> for me it is simply a matter of waiting.  it attempts to mount again after
> the usb is running and that time it works, but if he can't access it,
> config > hardware > usbview may help.

This offers me a location for the usbdevfs devices file, but I can't see
any function that would make this find/register the device for usage.

Well, there is no need for anyone to beat their brains out over this, as
this drive is mainly used for storage of disk image backups, which are
created and restored outside of the OS. The main thing is that I now
know that there is no serious problem with my essential file systems.

Thanks for the help.

Chuck