On Sunday 02 Jun 2002 11:16 am, Malcolm Candlish wrote:
> Sirs,
>
> Has anyone any ideas on how to fax from OpenOffice.
>
> I have HylaFax set up, which can be used from the command line within my
> Mandrake 8.2 . But using the ./spadmin tool to add a printer within
> OpenOffice and 'Connect a Fax device', I am required to select a driver.
> Ihave tried the 'Generic' driver and the 'apple laserwriter 16/600 PS fax'.
>
> Following the print command the computer rumbles and a request for fax no
> appears. Then having supplied the no, clicked OK, there follows a very
> small rumble and nothing else happens.I tried Star Office without faxing
> success; at least OpenOffice has an input file.
>
> Any ideas please?
>
> Malcolm Candlish

The way I fax from OO was to use ./spadmin to add a new printer and set the
print command to
qtcups --stdin
Then when I print to that printer I get a window offering all the printers
known to cups including the fax pseudo printer. The setup of that printer
offers a choice between hylafax and efax as a back end. I use efax, but I
dont suppose hylafax is too much different.

HTH

derek