On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 16:27:37 -0400
Charles A Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 21:38:22 +0200
> Bart Salien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Op Sunday 02 June 2002 21:01, schreef u:
> > this is my lilo.conf file and hdc is my DVD drive , i already put
> > the ide-scsi relation but still in my /dev directory there is only
> > the scd0 link from my cd-rw , even after a reboot . I understand
> > correct that this second scdx link should be created automaticaly ??
>

> That was my fault.
> You will need to create the mount point for scdx.
> The easiest way is using mcc.
> Then after reboot you should have new entry in fstab and /mnt.
> At this point you can then create the ln -s scdx=/dev/dvd.

Here is my /etc/fstab for my dvd and cdrw.

/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount
dev=/dev/hde,fs=iso9660,ro,exec,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,nosuid,nodev 0 0
The entry is what was orog my dvd but since adding ide=scsi this is no
longer a valid device, I just have not bothered to remove it.

/mnt/cdrom2 /mnt/cdrom2 supermount
dev=/dev/scd0,fs=iso9660,ro,exec,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,nosuid,nodev 0 0
This entry was org my cdrw but is now my dvd.

/mnt/scd1 /mnt/scd1 supermount dev=/dev/scd1,fs=auto,exec,--,user,noauto
0 0
This is the entry for my cdrw.

    Charles