On Wed, 05 Jun 2002 11:50, Brian Parish wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 16:49, Michael Adams wrote:
> > How does one get a terminal (Konsole window) to open AND start running a
> > script in one action from an icon?
> >
> > I can run a script from an icon or i can open a Konsole window from an
> > icon. But i can't get the window to load and run the script from the
> > icon. Heres my sample script.
> >
> > -------
> > #!/bin/bash
> >
> > #Start the client as a background task
> > /usr/games/civclient &
> > sleep 1
> >
> > #Start the server
> > xterm -e /usr/games/civserver --file m.sav.gz
> > -------
> >
> > This server needs to be run in an interactive terminal to start it. Of
> > course it's for work you understand ;-)
> >
> > --
> > Michael
> >
> > ----
>
> Michael,
>
> When you create the icon for your script, (assuming your are using KDE)
> click on the Execute tab, and check the box called "Run in terminal".
> That should do it.
>
> HTH
> Brian

All i did originally was copied the script to the ~/Desktop directory. It
brings up a standard icon that is not editable in this way. I don't need a
kde.ink if i follow Aneurin's advice.

Note how i have now modified the script above. It works! I thought i should
put the whole bit after the -e in "quotes" to ensure the ARGS got passed to
civserver but no its fine as it is.. xterm thought that was the filename i
wanted started when i passed it all in quotes.

Thanks anyway Brian, later i will learn how to create from scratch .ink
icons, but for this i don't need one.

--
Michael