Hi Y'all,

Just got 8.2 installed (as an upgrade on 7.2).  Been putting off
upgrading for about a year because it always involves so much
re-configuration and I had my 7.2 working mostly how I wanted it.

Anyhow, I can't print anything now - the print utilities don't show a
printer installed even though I had a Canon BJC 4200 recognised under my
7.2 setup. Hardrake can locate it but these settings don't seem to
transfer. And when I try to use WWW.cups.admin which worked for me
before, I get Netscape doing a search for http//localhost.port 631 which
turns up an article on how this guy tried to install a printer using
cups and got a Netscape search instead.

I haven't been following 8.2 threads till now so this question may
already have been dealt with, but any info would be much appreciated.
I'm already starting to regret leaving 7.2.
--
Graham Watkins

For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft warm body curled up
next to me is a cat. (Kinky Friedman - Frequent Flyer)

Registered Linux user number 265254      http://counter.li.org