On Wednesday 05 June 2002 15:19, you wrote:
>   John Richard Smith wrote:
> >On Wednesday 05 June 2002 14:53, you wrote:
> >>That'll teach me to not watch what I'm doing..

> >You don't say which distro your on, but if it's LM8.2 take their
> > xine version off and download an rpm package from Redhat, it has
> > DeCss in the title, eg.  xine-0.4.3-fr1.decss.rpm and install it
> > straight as it comes, mine works just fine.
> >John
>
> I did take off the default installed version of LM8.2 xine. And
> installed all of the above.
> I uninstalled all.. installed the xine you indicated.. and got this
> when trying to run it:
>
> This is xine - a free video player v0.4.3
> (c) 2000, 2001 by G. Bartsch and the xine project team
> libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from
> libpng-1.2.1 libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c
> from libpng-1.0.12 libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in
> application and library IMLIB ERROR: Cannot load image:
> /usr/share/xine/skins/xine_logo.png All fallbacks failed.
> logo not found :-((
>
> Isn't there a way I can use the latest 0.9.10 rpm's I have got..
> and just enable proper decryption of dvd's using libcss?
> - Azrael
Well I wish there was. I'm guessing but it would seem that your
choice of install seems to fail to enable decss encription. As I'm
unfamiliar with your choice it is difficult to say what may be the
reason. I can only say that when you first tried to install the main
xine rpm , it failed because of dependenties, it usually does, but it
is a question as to whether you have the right dependencies and
whether indeed it can work with decss encription file at all.
I had the same problems, and that is why I chose the abovementioned
Redhat package as it included as part of it's own install the correct
decss encription file.I was built in . Mine seem to work flawlessly.
So I guess from the above message that there is still a piece of
libpng left installed that is in conflict with this package. I know
that when I went down the same path as you I had all sorts of
versions to try out before I hit on one that worked. It is often
difficult to tellwhether in fact everything is cleared out on
uninstall. I don't suppose you have been installing tar ball version
by any chance. they don't remove easily unless you installed it with
checkinstall programme command.

I can see that you have libdvdcss2 which suggests an encription
package, but is it the right one.
It looks as though xine0-0.9.10-1 is your main xine package, does the
installer mention which decss package it is dependent upon. You see
this version may or may not work with decss encription packages.I
don't know. These are the sort of question you will have to ask
youself and seek to answer. The abovemention list of your looks
impressive but unless they are the right combination of packages it
will not work.
John
--
John Richard Smith