On Sat, 8 Jun 2002 08:39:28 -0500
"Dan W. Dooley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I like the full featured aspect of KDE and though I haven't examined
> Gnome that closely, it looks interesting.  I would not want to go to
> something severely stripped down.  Not if I'm ever going to think in
> terms of a Windows replacement, which I'd like to think of.

I am sure I'll get flamed for this, but I don't think Linux is a
"replacement" for Windows. Linux is a robust *nix clone. I think you can
"use" Linux instead of Windows.
But I personally hope that Linux is never a "replacement" for Windows. I
don't like Windows and don't want Linux to be just like Windows.

IMHO

LinuxGeek

--
Contact me: