On Sunday 09 June 2002 12:15, Gerald Waugh wrote:
> I am using cdrecord to cut a bootable iso image to a CD
> Only the CD I burn will not boot.. I used the following;
> # cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=4 botablet-image.iso
>
> The CD looks normal when I mount and ls the contents.
> I put it in a system to boot, and the drive activity led flashes a few
> timea and the PC goes ahead and boots from the hard drive.
>
> I have a CD cut by a friend of mine, of a similar iso, using Nero, it will
> boot.
>
> What could I be doing wrong?
> TIA

Did your friend use a similar or the identical iso to cut the disk that works?

If it was not an identical one, is botablet-image.iso one that you have made
yourself using mkisofs?

If so then this could maybe be the place to start looking.
/usr/share/doc/mkisofs-1.15/README.eltorito
could be of help to you.

HTH
Ross