Derek Jennings wrote:

> On Sunday 09 June 2002 10:43 am, Anne Wilson wrote:

, however a symbolic link has to be made.
>>The instructions say it needs
>>
>>   ln -s /usr/bin/iscan ~/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins
>>
>>The path for iscan is correct, but I need to adjust the gimp path.  Can
>>anyone please tell me exactly where gimp plugins go in Mdk 8.2?
> Exactly where it says ~/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins
>
> ~  means your home directory.  When you start gimp for the first time it will
> create ~/.gimp-1.2

Since I hadn't got my old scanner set up I had never run Gimp under this
install.  So *that's* why I couldn't 'locate' it!

> Also with your scanner doesn't it work with xsane or kooka? They will give you
> all sorts of file formats.

I'm still exploring the options.  xsane appears to run with Gimp, and I
can scan and save with that (once I remembered that someone said
right-click for everything in Gimp).  Kooka looks interesting, with lots
of options like scan to OCR.  I could get the preview but then couldn't
find how to get the scan proper.

It also seems to point at a hidden directory for image file saves.  This
isn't exactly intuitive.

I'm pleased with progress so far, but feel that I'm missing important bits.

Anne