I got home yesterday, headed into my office, turned the monitors on and
sat down to check email and IRC.  Suddenly I hear something.

Confused, I pay it no nevermind, but only at first.  I took it for
something going on outside to start.  After about a minute or two, the
sounds were too frequent and with exacting intervals, I finally decided
to look around.

Off to my right, where I have a number of machines sitting on the floor.
My workstations CD-ROM tray was ejecting, then close, ejecting, then
closing.  You get the picture.

My wonderment is, "Why??"  I was connected to the machine from work, as
I always do.  At no point did I run an ejecting command, and I can't
think of anything I could have done to cause this to start.

Has anybody run into this type of behavior, or am I to sumise that my
machine was haunted, at least for the afternoon?

Thanks for any insight on these bizzare events!
tdh

 T. Holmes  |  UNIXTECHS.org  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  UIN:  17021091