1) you don't need a custom user type (a DateTime had a value)2) you don't
need a custom user type (assign string.Empty to the property in the Ctor)
3) Alleluia!!! a DBA accepting HighLow
4) here you really need to do something. Zero is a value and even if you can
use not-found="ignore" NH will try to get it before ignore (mean an
additional SELECT)... in my mind no relation mean no value... but you know
I'm not a DBA or, at least, I'm an ORM-oriented guy.

Try to convert it
http://www.agiledata.org/essays/dbaSkills.html

--
Fabio Maulo