>Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:33:53 -0000
>From: "Simon Warren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: SB-28 Distance Indicator Flashing? [16]
>
>I have just purchased a SB-28 flash to go with my F90X. I have two
>questions?
>
>1. The indicator bars on the distance scale flash on and off. Is this
>normal?
>
>2. Can anyone give me a summary of which camera/flash setting to use in
>typical situations?

Simon,

The SB-28 indicator bar will flash if the speedlight is set in a negative
bounce position; you may want to check to see if your speedlight is in a
90 degree position.

I prefer to keep my speedlight in TTL Rear Sync and aperture-priority.
This allows me to ensure that the background will be properly exposed
while given fill-flash. The only thing you have to be concerned with is
that the system may choose a long shutter speed if you are shooting under
low lighting conditions or at small apertures. Normal sync will only
allow the shutter speed to go down as low as 1/60 sec.

Ed

Ed Yost
M&M Photo Source (Authorized Nikon Advanced Systems Dealer)
800-606-6746